Following a highly successful Kickstarter campaign (gathering more than $100,000 in funding and obliterating their $65,000 goal) and brief stint on Steam’s Early Access program, Juggernaut Games’ cyberpunk RPG dungeon crawler, StarCrawlers, has officially launched on Steam and GOG. Check out the launch trailer below:
From the official press release: “Imagine a world where megacorps wield unspeakable power over the universe… but in the future!
On the outer edges of inhabited space, you’ll decide: will you curry favour with the powers that be, or blaze your own path? As you navigate the murky politics of corporate intrigue, you’ll collect friends and enemies in equal measure, and your choices may come back to haunt you. Juggernaut Games’ StarCrawlers pays loving homage to old-school dungeon crawlers like Wizardry and Might and Magic, adding a modern sci-fi aesthetic and a strategic turn-based combat system.
Immerse yourself in an RPG adventure full of puzzles, exploration, corporate heists, space pirates, psychotic AIs, and mysterious robotic constructs.”
Features of the title include:
- Wage strategic battles against futuristic enemies with an innovative time unit turn-based combat system.
- Procedurally generated dungeons and events create endless replayability.
- Choose your allies and your foes wisely. Your choices will change how the story unfolds.
- Eight player classes each with unique abilities, both in combat and when exploring.
- Randomly generated weapons, armour and gear with upgradeable enhancements.
- Easy to Hardcore difficulty modes and optional permadeath.