The latest CS:GO update, 22.214.171.124, brings the start of some much needed changes to the game including some more updates to the HRTF sound system, an all new map, a host of bug fixes and even more new skins. It is a much welcome update to the game, although still no operation in sight.
There is great deal to talk about though we will only cover the major features from the patch notes. Most notably this patch is the addition of a new map, especially since this map becomes one of the competitive reserve maps – although only time will tell if we see it enter the active pool.
General CS:GO Updates:
- Released Canals, available in all game modes.
- Visually upgraded the Phoenix Terrorist player model.
- Added the Spectrum Case, featuring 17 community designs. In the Spectrum Case, the rare special item will be the second generation of knives in Chroma finishes.
- Improved performance when using HRTF.
- Fixed some cases where grenade sounds wouldn’t play when they should.
As sound is probably one of the most crucial aspects of this competitie title, Valve needs to keep the engine up to date. HRTF is a giant leap forward but still requires some major tweaks. The performance update should bring better FPS and less issues regarding lag when using the HRTF setting.
- Fixed teammate color problem when teammates select an invalid color.
- cl_drawhud_force_radar can have three values: -1 to force draw no radar, 0 default, 1 to force draw radar even if other HUD is disabled.
- cl_drawhud_force_deathnotices can have three values: -1 to force draw no deathnotices, 0 default, 1 to force draw deathnotices even if other HUD is disabled.
- Added option to Game Settings to set Team ID to Always On ( cl_teamid_overhead_always ). Server can disable with sv_teamid_overhead_always_prohibit.
- Added binding to Show Team Equipment ( +cl_show_team_equipment ) that will show teammates’ full Target ID, including equipment. Server can disable with sv_show_team_equipment_prohibit.
- func_rotating objects no longer freeze and spam server console after rotating 1000 times
Map Updates and Tweaks:
- Thinned out corner when coming into hut from lobby, making it easier to peek into A site
- Bullets now do more damage when shot through walls in hut
- Raised rollup door in Mini, making it easier to see towards rafters
- Removed three boxes on top of blue container near garage
- Reduced C4 explosion radius from 500 to 400 units (Thanks NaVi!)
- Made water outside the map deeper (Thanks hollandje!)
- Raised arch on CT side of long A
- Fixed some boost exploits
- Railing on top of boost position near T bridge no longer blocks bullets
- Various bug fixes
The brand new map thrown into CS:GO is set to shake things up a bit. The map is set in a historic Italian city and sees two important tourist attractions under threat from a group of international terrorists, known as the Phoenix. The CT side will feature the SEAL Team 6, who will have to defend the sites and prevent the bomb going down.
Bomb Site A – The bomb site A is set in the open CT territory, to breach this area teams will need to use some major teamwork and tactics, as well as equipment.
Bomb Site B – Almost the complete opposite has been thrown into the mix as this site focuses on close-quarter combat. Teams could even use the advantage of shotguns and SMG rushes to secure this bombsite.
You can find more details about the map on the latest CS:GO Blog.
The Extra Pieces:
You can now contact the Valve CS:GO Development team if you find any game breaking bugs, or to give general feedback. Head here to talk directly to Valve, select the CS:GO Team entry and share your thoughts. Be sure to include as many details as you can.
Canals is part of the Reserves pool for competitive and, if the map name seems familiar, that’s because it is. The map name appeared around five months ago, being spotted shortly after an update to the ‘mapautocompile’ file.
CS:GO Stash has all of the contents of the Spectrum Case available for your viewing pleasure, and is currently working on knives as well
Update Size is ~420 MB
Below you can find a list of the new CS:GO skins, however please refer to CS:GO Stash for all the new knife variants: