Almost ten years since the start of the undead zombie saga, Call of Duty: Black Ops III returns with the Zombies Chronicles to bring the horror memories together, from the creators of the original Call of Duty Zombies, Treyarch.
Zombies Chronicles takes players through eight fully-remastered maps from previous Treyarch Call of Duty games:
- Call of Duty: World at War
- Call of Duty: Black Ops
- Call of Duty: Black Ops II
These eight maps are now all in true high definition with “current-generation visuals” noted Treyarch, who did not stop there noting that “enhanced lighting, revamped character models and environments, and updated AI and audio systems.” would also be a major part of the remaster. You can find all the nitty-gritty details on the official blog post.
Experience some of the most thrilling maps in Zombies history in their new remastered HD glory. The new remaster will include the eight maps from the previous games, so let’s take a look at them.
Call of Duty: World at War
- Nacht der Untoten – Where it all began: an abandoned airfield suspended in space and plagued by infinite hordes of the undead.
- Verruckt – Welcome to Wittenau Sanitorium, a German asylum with dark corridors, terrifying undead enemies, and even darker secrets.
- Shi No Numa – A “swamp of death” located in Japanese territory, surrounded by a sweltering jungle, hellhounds, and endless armies of the undead.
Call of Duty: Black Ops
- Kino der Untoten – An abandoned cinema packed with swarms of Crawler Zombies and fiery traps.
- Ascension – An abandoned Soviet Cosmodrome where unholy creations lurk in the shadows, and dark undead experiments run loose.
- Shangri-la – A legendary shrine lost in an exotic jungle where the undead emerge from within a treacherous labyrinth of underground caverns, deadly traps, and dark secrets.
- Moon – Travel to the Moon where forgotten undead creatures plague a horrifying, cratered landscape
Call of Duty: Black Ops II
- Origins – An excavation site left behind after the Germans unearthed the mysterious new “Element 115,” and unleashed the greatest evil the world has ever seen.
8 DAYS OF THE UNDEAD
Beginning on launch day, 16 May, Activision and Treyarch will kick off “8 Days of the Undead,” where players of Black Ops III on all platforms (and players of Black Ops III Zombies Chronicles on PS4) can earn Double XP, engage in community challenges, and get free loot including Zombies calling cards, weapon camos, new GobbleGums, and PlayStation 4 themes.
Call of Duty: Black Ops III Zombies Chronicles will be available digitally on 16 May on PlayStation 4 for a suggested retail price of $29.99 (~R400) and requires Call of Duty: Black Ops III to play. Along with the eight remastered maps and gameplay, players will also get:
- 20 Vials of Liquid Divinium
- 2 All-New, Whimsical GobbleGums
- Exclusive Zombies Pack-A-Punch Weapon Camo
- Black Ops III Zombies Chronicles Dynamic System Theme for PlayStation 4, an exclusive pre-order incentive
Have some questions? Be sure to stop by the Call of Duty: Black Ops III Zombies Chronicles FAQ section.