Acer has come thrown a curve-ball into 2017, although not quite the curve-ball one would expect. It’s curve revolves around all their new, first-of-its-kind curved screen laptop, as well as a new range of curved monitors, all in its Predator Gaming Range.
The curved laptop, known as the Predator 21 X Gaming Laptop, is a beast to say the least, but comes with a beastly price as well, with the recommended retail price set at R49,999. Yikes.
You do get a lot of bang for your buck however, with key features including:
- The Acer Predator 21 X is the world’s first notebook with a curved screen and integrates eye-tracking technology for an even more immersive user experience
- The Predator 21 X features the latest 7th Generation Intel® Core™ i7 processor, 5 cooling fans and dual NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1080 GPUs in SLI for unmatched graphics performance
- Making each Predator 21 X unique, Acer lets customers add a design, flag and laser engraved name to the notebook’s maintenance panel.
- Acer also updated its high-performance Predator 17 X gaming notebook with the powerful 7th Gen Intel Core i7 processor and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU.
- 64GB DDR4-2400 memory, with up to four 512GB solid state drives in RAID 0 configuration
Slightly more affordable than the 21 X is the new range of Enhanced Predator Gaming Monitors, which again are designed with gamers in mind.
Key features include:
- The Acer Predator Z301CT is the world’s first 21:9 curved monitor with eye-tracking functionality for ultimate gaming immersion – this product received the coveted CES 2017 “Best of Innovations” award in the computer peripherals category, scoring the highest among all entries
- Gamers can test their limits with a lightning fast 240Hz refresh rate via two new Predator XB2 Series models – the Acer Predator XB252Q and Predator XB272
- All three new monitors boast NVIDIA® G-Sync™ rendering fast moving actions and dramatic transitions for incredibly realistic gaming
The recommended price for the three monitors, considering the impressive refresh rate and the fact that its curved, comes with some hefty prices too. The recommended retail prices for the three monitors are as follows:
- The Predator XB252Q R 13, 999.00.
- The Predator XB272 R 15, 99.00.
- The Predator Z27T R 17,999.00.
Acer’s new Curved products will be hitting shelves in the first quarter of 2017, so expect to hear some news about local pricing sometime in the near future.